Committed to ensuring that the Waco community offers individuals interested in civic leadership clear opportunities for engagement and learning, the TATL Steering Committee meets regularly for the purpose of implementing the various steps of our multifaceted vision and plan. Today our efforts are centered on:
- Identifying potential candidates for engagement.
- Creating opportunities for program graduates to network, connect and build relationship with established area leaders.
- Facilitating community engagement opportunities for program participants and graduates.
- Identifying the next round of leadership programs, services and resources for sharing with the community.
- Addressing the leadership development needs identified by community members through surveys, focus group meetings and similar solicitations.
Steering Committee participants are all active leaders in our community who serve in a voluntary capacity because of their deep commitment to promoting and facilitating civic leadership and engagement. In an effort to ensure the successful implementation of this initiative in its early stages, Waco Foundation provides staffing and funds to facilitate the activities and programs of the Steering Committee.